Morning Grit Farm, LLC
We're Morning Grit Farm! We've proudly been in business since 2018. My husband, 4 kids and I moved to the farm 5 years ago from Andover. We love the community here in Rose Hill, KS!
I grew up in a small town in Kansas and wanted my kids to experience that as well. I love seeing people we know when we go into town and building a relationship with other parents and community members. It makes this world seem not so big. And there’s so many kind hearted, supportive people in small town communities. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else!
We host parties and events on our farm with our animals. Our property is also a venue that can be rented for family gatherings, client events, and weddings.
Local photographers can book the property and even animals to use for kids/family mini sessions.
Last but not least, we also offer beginner and intermediate horseback riding lessons April-Oct.
Tips for Planning Your Party:
1. We provide everything but the cake! (Unless you want to add on that option!) Solid color tablecloths, tableware, and table clips are provided. We have 5 tables and 30 chairs plus a cake table and 2 serving tables for your use if needed. We also provide a large galvanized tub with ice/water bottles for your guests. A variety of serving stands/utensils holders are available for your use as well.
2. All guests must sign the farm waiver before participating in any of the farm activities. Please also make sure your guests know the safety rules from the “party conditions” page you sign. This is a working farm and certain risks are involved with any equipment/animal and we want everyone to have a fun and safe time! Thank you for your help!
3. The farm is very muddy in places after it rains. While most activities can be done in the barn rain or shine, the obstacle course, cart rides, and horseback rides may not be able to take place if it’s too muddy. (Ponies can still be brought into the barn to lead around.) We will provide a craft in the event we cannot do any outdoor activities. Parties will only be postponed if severe weather is a factor.
4. Please remember farm parties are for enjoying the animals and the outdoors; factors such as heat and bugs need to be considered. We provide an insulated barn, fans, and the shady tree house area for games which helps keep it more enjoyable on summer days. During winter months, the barn is heated with a wood burning stove and a hot chocolate station is provided.
5. We highly encourage you to inform your guests to wear boots or close-toed shoes for their visit. Also, sunscreen on hot, summer days and bug spray will make your visit more enjoyable. Please bundle up for outdoor play on winter days.